The Benefits of Walking- A Healthier You
Although there is a never ending amount of physical activities to do, walking has the lowest dropout rate. Walking every day is something simple to start with to help improve your life and health. Anyone at any stage in their life can do if they put their mind to it. Starting slow and working your way up is suggested by most doctors. Don’t over exert yourself but definitely push yourself! Studies show that it is the easiest change you can make to positively impact your body and improve your heart health. Just take a look at how one 30 minute walk a day can help you:
- It reduces the risk of coronary heart disease. Heart disease is the number one threat to Americas’ health. In fact, scientific evidence shows that 50% of all deaths occurring in the United States each year can be directly attributed to heart disease. Who knew a 30 minute walk could be so life changing?
- It improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels. Lower blood sugar levels means it’s less likely to be diagnosed with Diabetes and stable blood pressure means you are less likely to suffer from Hypertension.
- It improves your blood lipid profile. This will prevent high cholesterol which can also lead to other major health problems such as heart disease and other arterial diseases.
- Walking can help you maintain your body weight and lower the risk of obesity. Walking 30 minutes a day keeps your body and especially your metabolism active, allowing you to maintain and even lose weight.
- Enhances your well-being. Getting your blood flowing through walking helps your brain release hormones that can relax the body, helping fight stress, anger and anxiety.
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Walking allows joints and bones the freedom to move around and stay strong, so that they don’t deteriorate from non-movement.
It’s time to put down the remote, turn off the TV, and put on your sneakers. Even try to bring a loved one with you so you can spend some quality time together while also rebuilding your health!