Let’s Go For a Walk
We’ve all heard about the benefits of walking, from reducing the risk of heart disease to improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels. But we know it can be hard to motivate yourself! Walking may seem like a boring activity that you do alone, however, there are many ways to make walking, losing weight and having fun mix together in harmony!
If you think walking is boring, put some of these ideas to use to change your mindset!
- Don’t go alone! Going for a walk with a friend can be motivating and uplifting. You may even get so caught up in conversation that before you know it, you’ve walked a couple miles!
- Take your furry friend! Instead of letting the dog run around out back, take them with you and let them lead the way. This will keep you and your pet in great shape.
- Create a new game! Take a new walking route and every day and don’t turn around until you see 5 “for sale” signs or 15 blue cars. Be creative with it.
- Bring your headphones! Walking to the beat of your music can motivate you. Speed up or slow down depending on the song you’re listening to.
- Don’t worry about the weather! If it’s too hot or too cold, try going to the mall. Avoid the escalators and elevators! Stairs only!
- Change it up! Don’t go for a walk at the same time every day, otherwise walking will turn into a chore or routine. Switch it up every once in a while to keep things fresh.
Walking really can be fun and it’s great for building a healthier you! Going for a walk can relieve stress, help you lose weight, and allow yourself to be proud of your actions. If you’re wanting to improve yourself physically, mentally and emotionally, walking is the way to go!