Detox, Lose Weight, and Lower Blood Pressure with These Foods
Known as “Diuretic” foods, they can help detox your body and help shed extra water weight. Not only that, they are excellent for your overall health by lowering your blood pressure and helping rid your body of toxins and recuperate after unnecessary salt intake.
- Lemons- helps high blood pressure. Adding a slice to your water or squeezing some on top of your food will help you. People also find lemons helpful for treating UTI’s.
- Asparagus- a vegetable with many diuretic properties and antioxidants. Antioxidants can help your body heal faster and be healthier.
- Oats- beneficial for losing weak and soaking up cholesterol. It can also provide much relief if you find yourself in a predicament of water retention.
- Artichokes- diuretic and great for your digestive system! They are also packed with vitamins and minerals that help with solving water retention.
- Celery- made out of almost all water, it is extremely hydrating for the body. If you hate the taste, throw it in your morning smoothie.
- Garlic- helps with water retention and works throughout your body, cleansing it.
- Brussel Sprouts- has low calories and a ton of antioxidants! If you do not like the taste of them, try mixing this cruciferous vegetable with other veggies.
- Carrots- or carrot juice. They help with your eyesight and baby carrots are delicious by themselves, on top of salads, or as a side dish to a hearty meal.
- Ginger- use a little to spice up your meal a bit and enjoy the cleansing and detoxifying benefits. You can even add a tiny bit to your glass of water for extra taste.
- Watermelon- practically made out of water. Helps flush the excessive salt out of your body and has many, many antioxidants.
- Beets- rich in antioxidants and beta lain, and taste great grilled, boiled or steamed. Be sure to avoid the pickled kind and consume the fresh kind instead.
- Cucumbers- add it to your water, or slice up some pieces in your salad. Helps with diabetes, weight loss, cancer and even helps the urinary system.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- encourages the body to rid itself of unnecessary fluids and leads to better urinary function. Add it to your water or splash some as a salad dressing.
- Tomatoes- eating them raw is the best way to enjoy their benefits. They are known to have enough antioxidants to battle cancer and prevent heart disease.
- Cabbage- prevents cancer and helps reduce the risk of heart disease. The best way we recommend eating it? Soup form, or grilled until it is tender.
- Parsley- it can be used to freshen your breath, as a nice herb to top a hearty meal, and the antioxidants provide many other benefits for the body.
- Eggplant- extremely diuretic and will help you lose the extra water weight. This dish can be used to replace meat for vegetarian diets or as a side dish, grilled or boiled.
- Cranberry Juice- great for urinary health and UTI’s. This diuretic helps your potassium levels and fights free radical damage throughout the body.