Changes to Build a Healthier You!
Replace the coffee and doughnut breakfast for something healthier and go for a walk after your meal instead of taking a nap! Nutrition and exercise are key to a healthy lifestyle and a long, happy, and joyful life! If you want more ideas to jumpstart your healthy living, keep reading!
Chiropractors are urging their patients to stop smoking, eat a well-balanced diet, drink tons of water, and create and stick to an exercise regimen! Here are some dietary and lifestyle changes that will put you on the right path to a healthier life.
- Workout a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day, three or four times a week
- Try to avoid eating out. Reason being, food preparation in restaurants are made for mass quantities, so they tend to have high amounts of the bad kinds of fats and sugars
- Make your own lunches for work and make sure they contain fruits, vegetables, and grains
- Try to cut down or quit smoking and drinking. It can keep your body from absorbing all the nutrients it needs
- Try to consume more raw foods because canned and cooked foods do not have as much nutrition. Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables have much more vitamins and minerals
- Try to eat organic foods if it is possible. Organic foods contain less toxins, pesticides, and metals
- Attempt to eat 25-30 grams of fiber a day. Foods that contain a lot of fiber are whole grain breads, cereals, beans, nuts, and some fruits and vegetables. Fiber can help prevent acid reflux and other digestive disorders and also heart disease and colon cancer
- Try to consume eight 8-10 ounce glasses of water a day. You dehydrate your body when you only consume tea, coffee, soda, and alcohol.
Visit your chiropractor! They can set you up with a fitness and nutritional routine that works best for you, because you are not the same as everyone else. They can individualize treatment options for you!