5 Fatty Foods That Are Actually Good For You!
Contrary to popular belief, there are fatty foods out there that are good for you. Now, not all fats are created equal, however, our bodies do require fat. More specifically? Healthy fats! Here are the top 5:
- Avocados- One of the healthiest fruits you can eat! They are packed with a ton of monounsaturated fats, the good fats that actually help control cholesterol levels! They also have a lot of Vitamin E which is good for your skin, hair and nails and overall works anti-aging miracles for your whole body.
- Butter- This one may come as quite a shock to most people. Now, we’re not talking about those butter-like substances like margarine or vegetable oil spreads. Real, grass fed, raw and organic butter contains the omega-3 fatty acids (that our body cannot produce on its own) that help with proper brain function and also help for more radiant, smoother, clearer skin.
- Coconut Oil- You can use this stuff anywhere and everywhere. Use it to remove makeup, as a moisturizer, hair mask, and for cooking. The antioxidants found in coconut oil make it the best anti-inflammatory, helping reduce pains like arthritis and others. This interesting ingredient is liquid when hot and solid when cold, giving a variety of uses cosmetically and for cooking.
- EVOO- Extra virgin olive oil. It reduces heart attacks, heart disease, strokes, you name it. It can help regulate cholesterol and blood pressure. And best of all? It’s perfect for salad dressings and cooking with! Just make sure it isn’t “fake” olive oil. Signs of fake olive oil are if it sells for under $10 a liter and if the harvesting label says “light”, “pure”, or “blend” it’s not true VIRGIN quality.
- Omega-3s- Your body cannot produce these on its own, but they are essential for your body. Foods that are high in Omega-3s are salmon, sardines, certain nuts (walnuts) and seeds (flaxseeds) and grass fed beef. If you do not care much for these foods, try fish oil pills. They have a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.